BuildingFirst Presbyterian Church of Plymouth
701 Church St.
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
Web Address: http://fcpc.net/
AboutDate Built: 1937
Architect: Thomas W. Moss
Date of Alterations: Education rooms and R. Douglas Shaw Chapel 1955
Classroom wing 2002
Number of Pictorial Windows: 28
Floor Plan Sketch: Download
Archival Sources: 150th Anniversary History, First Presbyterian Church of Plymouth, MI by Samuel Hudson 1985. A chapter in this book on the stained glass windows by Nancy Tanger. Window information provided by Jack Farrow, long time parishioner and past Session member. “Memorials and Gifts First Presbyterian Church of Plymouth”, self-published, no author.
Building Notes: 1. 8x10 b/w print of window sketch.
2. Three xeroxed pages of window sketches.
3. Copy of a letter from Willet Stained Glass Studios, Inc., dated 8/11/82. Describes windows: sizes and subject matter.
4. “A Guide to our Sanctuary”. A single page with excerpt from a sermon by the Rev. Philip Rodgers Magee dated 7/22/90. Describes symbolism of the windows.
5. “Description of the Stained Glass Windows in the First Presbyterian Church: Plymouth Michigan”. Detailed window description.
6. 3 pages of photocopies of sketches from Willet studio.
First Presbyterian Church of PlymouthMSGC: 1996.0038
Willet Hauser Architectural Glass
Life of Christ - Three Scenes
Simon the Zealot
John the Baptist
James the Greater
John the Evangelist
James The Less
Language of The Heart
Jesus With Children