BuildingFirst Presbyterian Church of Plymouth
701 Church St.
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
Web Address: http://fcpc.net/
Architect: Thomas W. Moss
Date of Alterations: Education rooms and R. Douglas Shaw Chapel 1955
Classroom wing 2002
Number of Pictorial Windows: 28
Floor Plan Sketch: Download
Archival Sources: 150th Anniversary History, First Presbyterian Church of Plymouth, MI by Samuel Hudson 1985. A chapter in this book on the stained glass windows by Nancy Tanger.
Building Notes: 1. 8x10 b/w print of window sketch.
2. Three xeroxed pages of window sketches.
3. Copy of a letter from Willet Stained Glass Studios, Inc., dated 8/11/82. Describes windows: sizes and subject matter.
4. “A Guide to our Sanctuary”. A single page with excerpt from a sermon by the Rev. Philip Rodgers Magee dated 7/22/90. Describes symbolism of the windows.
5. “Description of the Stained Glass Windows in the First Presbyterian Church: Plymouth Michigan”. Detailed window description.
6. 3 pages of photocopies of sketches from Willet studio.
First Presbyterian Church of PlymouthMSGC: 1996.0038
Willet Hauser Architectural Glass
Life of Christ - Three Scenes
Simon the Zealot
John the Baptist