Stained Glass banner image

Featured Window

Window of the Month
Our Lady of Grace, Dearborn Heights, Michigan

Click any image to enlarge.




Building

Bethesda Bible Church
church
Non-Denominational
1800 South Huron
Ypsilanti, Michigan 4818
Washtenaw County

About

Construction: 1989-1993

Architect: Jimmy H. Allen of Crane and Associates

Architect’s City: Ypsilanti

Number of Pictorial Windows: 4

Number of Non-pictorial Windows: 1

Floor Plan Sketch: Download


Archival Sources: Church archives; interview with chruch secretary; Ypsilanti Township Assessor's office; Ypsilanti Township Building Dept.

Building Notes: None of the five stained glass windows was made specifically for this building. The windows originally came from a church in Minnesota and were placed in the first building of the Bethesda Bible Church at 760 Lowell Street in Ypsilanti, in 1968. This first chuch was built in 1962 for the members. It is now an apartment complex called the Belfry Apartments. In 1988 the Lowell St. church needed a larger facility. Therefore construction of the church on Huron St. began in 1989. In October 1993 the new church was completed. The five stained glass windows were removed from the building on Lowell St. In 1993 the set of four were restored by Ron Bovard Studios in Iowa. Some of the employees who work for the studio were involved in the restoration of the windows are members of the family who originally made these windows in Munich, Germany.

Bethesda Bible Church
MSGC: 1994.0180

Census Coordinator:
Patricia Miculka
11/30/1990