Featured Windows, September 2000
Alumni Memorial Chapel, Michigan State University
Building: Alumni Memorial Chapel
City: East Lansing
Windows in the Alumni Chapel on the campus of Michigan State University.
These three windows are among 38 windows in the Alumni Memorial Chapel at Michigan State University. Designed by architect Ralph H. Calder and completed in 1952, the chapel was built with alumni contributions and dedicated to the memory of MSU students and alumni who fought and died in our country's military service. Its stained glass windows have helped to make the chapel a popular setting for weddings, baptisms, and memorial services.The chapel windows were given by alumni and friends as memorials or by graduation classes and university organizations. Made by the Willet Stained Glass Studios in Philadelphia, the windows were designed by Odell Prather, Marguerite Gaudin and Anthony Mako, who were leading designers with the Willet firm. Ten of the windows depict events in the university's history. April 1999 and the Window of the Month for June 1999. Alumni Memorial Chapel, Michigan State University, of East Lansing was registered in the Michigan Stained Glass Census by Bill Heater of Lansing.
Bibliography: Show Bibliography
Text by Betty MacDowell, Michigan Stained Glass Census, September , 2000.